- Product Description
- * One of Success magazine's Best Books of 2015 *
- It's difficult to ask anybody 'How are you?' without hearing the word 'busy' somewhere in their response. We feel overwhelmed by busyness because of the demands on our time: our inbox and our to-do list are bulging, a huge amount of people expect things from us and our organisations are trying to do more with fewer people.
- But it doesn't have to be that way. In reality, busyness isn't essential. Yes, there is a lot to do, but believing you're always busy because you have so much to do is both false and unhelpful. Busyness is a normal response to a world of too much, but it isn't the only response.
- In Busy Tony Crabbe draws on solid psychological research to address one of the great problems of modern life: we're too busy. But it isn't a time-management book. Rather than providing advice for increasing productivity and efficiency, it sets out four key strategies (corresponding to sections of the book) for thriving despite of the overload of too much:
- 1. Mastery - to move beyond busyness you need to regain a sense of mastery over your life. This section shows you how to build a sense of control back into your life, take responsibility for making choices and how to set boundaries to protect you from the flood of demands and information.
- 2. Focus - in a world of too much, success is not about doing more at work but about making an impact. This section outlines three ways to move to a career strategy that doesn't rely on productivity alone.
- 3. Engagement - busyness can cause you to disengage from the people, values and activities that are important to us. This section provides you with the three keys to re-engaging with your work and life.
- 4. Momentum - part of the challenge to moving beyond busyness is that even if you agree you should make the change, you're too busy to find the time and energy to do anything about it. This section is dedicated to helping you make the change, creating the impetus, energy and clarity to move to a life less busy.
- "A life-changing book which reassesses what you are doing, why you are doing it and in what way."―Carol Ann Rice, The Daily Express
- "This book has the power to change your life. In this thought provoking guidebook to today's world of "too much", Tony Crabbe destroys the myth of "busyness" and provides practical, thoughtful advice to help individuals (and their organizations) unleash their true potential."
- ―Dave Coplin, Chief Envisioning Officer, Microsoft UK and author of Business Reimagined
- Crabbe presents an array of techniques and tactics to help readers relinquish their busyness and gain control of their lives. Written in short sections with graphical breaks, pullouts and bullet points, BUSY is a very smart, fun and enlightening read.―Success Magazine
- "Sound advice, well worth consideration and action."
- "For anyone juggling an ever-expanding schedule in or outside the corporate world, this book might be worth fitting in."
- ―Publishers Weekly
- "If you ever feel like you're drowning in a sea of over commitment, organizational psychologist Tony Crabbe throws you a lifeline with BUSY."―Working Mother
- "In BUSY, organizational psychologist Tony Crabbe draws on solid psychological research to address one of the great problems of modern life: we're too busy."―Networking Times
- "[In BUSY] psychological and business research are translated into practical tools and skills."―Ugly Research Newsletter
- "Crabbe draws on entertaining psychological studies to show why we're getting it wrong at the moment and to develop a fresh new approach to taking back one's life from chaotic outside forces."―IN Business Magazine
- "The statistics Crabbe cites are truly staggering."―National Post
- About the Author
- Tony Crabbe is an organizational psychologist who works with multinational companies around the world, including PWC, Microsoft, News International, Disney, and the World Bank. He is also a research fellow in the field of organizational psychology at Birkbeck College, University of London. He lives with his family in Spain, but spends a considerable amount of time consulting in the UK and the US.
Specifications of Busy, by Tony Crabbe, Book
- Brand MPH
- SKU 360507505_MY-510966656
- ISBN/ISSN 9780349400754
Official delivery unit
Understanding the importance of safe and secure shopping, we provide our customers with a broad range of secure payment options including cash-on-delivery, where you pay in cash only when you receive your package. Be assured of product quality and authenticity: All purchases on Website are guaranteed to be genuine products, new, not defective or damaged. If it is, simply return it within 14 days for a full refund under our Buyer Protection Program.
Delivered by Malaysia Post - Nationwide Sales - Payment Upon Delivery - Free Returns